May 19, 2019
Communion Service, [5/19] 10:00 AM Unity Sunday (Pastor Schoolcraft)
Pot Luck Lunch and Voter’s Meeting [5/19] Approximately 11:30 am
Worship Service, Sunday [5/26] 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM (Pastor Hudak)
Communion Service, [6/2] 8:00 AM and 10:45AM (Pastor Schultz)
Worship Service, [6/9] 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM (Pastor Spencer)
Communion Service, [6/16] 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM (Pastor Schoolcraft)
Worship Service, [6/23] 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM (Pastor Bernthal)
Worship Service, [6/30] 8:00 AM and 10:45 AM (Pastor Hudak)
SPECIAL VOTER’S MEETING The Call Committee will present the details on the Pastor they recommend to call and the voter’s will vote on the call at a special voters meeting today. This is a Unity Sunday. Education Hour at 8:45a, one service at 10:00 am with a pot luck dinner and voter’s meeting following the church service.
PASTOR BERNTHAL’S BIBLE STUDY will hold its final meeting before the summer break on Tuesday, May 21st at noon. This will be a time of fellowship and sharing and will include lunch. Stay tuned and we will let you know when this group is ready to resume meeting in the fall.
THE LUTHERAN HOUR Today on KURM (790 AM) at 12:30 P.M. & The Bott Radio Network at 8 A.M. on 89.3 F.M. "Up Close and Personal" Speaker: Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler--You can't get to know a person from a distance. The same is true for knowing God. (John 15:26-16:4)
HOLY TRINITY BIBLE STUDIES
9:30 A.M. Pam Pickett leads a study of Ruth.
9:30 A.M Libby Garner leads a Beth Moore study for women in the Conference Room.
Monday 2nd & 4th Mondays at 2:00pm. – Led by Vern Schaefer Rotating Hostesses: Herb & Shirley Bernthal, Spike & Dolores Hermes, Joe & Barbara Raleigh, Maxine Reihman.
Tuesday 2nd & 4th Tuesdays @ 2:00 pm Pastor Bernthal’s Bible Class
BABY BOTTLE CAMPAIGN Please be sure to pick up a baby bottle from the table in the Narthex on your way out of church today. Fill the bottle with spare change (or a check) and return it to church on Father’s Day. This is part of the annual Baby Bottle Campaign put on by Loving Choices. The Outreach Ministry Team had a chance to tour the facility in April and were VERY impressed by what they have to offer. Loving Choices supports families from “I think I might be pregnant” to 9 months after delivery! They even have a mobile van (with an ultrasound machine inside) that parks in various locations throughout Northwest Arkansas including the parking lot across from Planned Parenthood in Fayetteville.
LIFE THOUGHTS IN THE CHURCH. What God has made clean, do not call common” (Acts 11:9). The same grace that sanctifies our consciences also safeguards the lives of the least of these. By creating them with His own fingers (Psalm 139:13), redeeming them with His own blood (2 Corinth-ians 5:19), and calling them with His own Spirit and Word (Matthew 28:19), the Lord our God has declared every member of our race, including embryos and elderly ones, not only clean but precious. (Easter V)
LIFE QUOTES Both before and after their births, our children are precious lives belonging to God and redeemed by Him. (Their mothers are, too.) Each of our days is ordained by Him, including the challenging days of motherhood.” Marie K. MacPherson, author of “Meditations on the Vocation of Motherhood”–If you wish to support this group, you may do so through their website: www.lutheransforlife.org
15 Things God Won't Ask
1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how many people you drove who did not have transportation.
2. God won't ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
3. God won't ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet, but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.
4. God won't ask about your social status, but will ask what kind of class you displayed.
5. God won't ask how many material possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.
6. God won't ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary.
7. God won't ask how much overtime you worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.
8. God won't ask how many promotions you received, but will ask how you promoted others.
9. God won't ask what your job title was, but will ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
10. God won't ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you did to help others.
11. God won't ask how many friends you had, but will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.
12. God won't ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to protect the rights of others.
13. God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors.
14. God won't ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your character.
15. God won't ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didn’t.
Don’t miss an amazing opportunity to attend Lutheran Night at Arvest Ballpark on TUESDAY, MAY 28TH. The signup sheet is on the bulletin board in the Narthex. We met the minimum ticket sales needed to get the discounted rate! AND, Matt Bolte has generously used a Thrivent Action Team to support this Outreach event, therefore the first 40 tickets are FREE! Thanks Matt!! We also plan to provide 10 free tickets to Souls Harbor so they can join us – what a tremendous opportunity to show the men that Holy Trinity loves them and supports their efforts!!
DELAYED OFFICE OPENING The office will open on at noon on Friday, May 24th. Elaine is taking a holiday. Krista will be here at her usual time to open the Food Pantry.
THIS WEEK AT HOLY TRINITY
May 19 through May 25, 2019
Bible Study/Sunday School 8:45 A.M.
Handbell Choir 8:45 A.M.
Communion 10:00 A.M.
Pot Luck/Voter’s Meeting 11:30 A.M.
Cameron’s Day Off
ESL (Crystal Bridges) 6:30 P.M.
Pastor Bernthal’s Bible Study 12:00 P.M.
Staff Meeting 12:00 P.M.
News & Notes Due 12:00 P.M.
ESL (Classroom 1) 6:30 P.M.
Praise Group Rehearsal 6:00 P.M.
Assemble Clarion & Bulletin 1:00 P.M.
Helping Hands 8:00 A.M.
Worship 8:00 A.M.
Bible Study/Sunday School 9:30 A.M.
Handbell Choir 9:30 A.M.
Communion 10:45 A.M.
FOR YOUR PRAYERS:
Circuit Church—LIVING SAVIOR, Bethel Heights: Pray that God would guide the outreach of the congregation and the assimilation of new members.
Church Ministry—Church Staff: Pray that our hearts are always compassionate to those we serve on a daily basis and that God would bless our outreach to the community through the Food Pantry and Pastor’s Care Fund.
Pray also for our Military: Especially remember, Timothy Gibson, son of Harry and Ann Gibson, serving in the U.S. Navy.